Providing the best environmental experience for all
T: Telephone02 6689 5286
11 Sep 2018
Dorroughby Environmental Education Centre is an NSW Department of Education facility located 20 minutes NE of Lismore.
Experienced teachers provide sustainability, cultural and environmental programs for students K-12 at the centre, within schools and at a variety of other sites.
• Two dormitories with 18 beds each, showers and a separate staff bedroom
• Camping area for larger groups
• Stainless steel kitchen with industrial appliances
• Outdoor cooking and covered eating area
• Classroom with audio visual equipment
• Native plant nursery and propagation area
• Vegetable gardens, worm farms, compost systems
• Rainforest & bushtucker gardens
• Microscope room and 15 iPads
• Campfire area
• Dairy farm adjoining DEEC available for viewing of milking process at 3.00pm.
Off Site Locations
•Rocky Creek Dam
• Minyon Falls
• Rummery Park
• Ballina Flatrock
• Byron Bay
• Brunswick Heads
• Woody Head Iluka
• Your school grounds
2101 Dunoon Road
Dorroughby NSW 2480
02 6689 5286
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.